Monday, October 27, 2014

Happy Halloween

Hello everyone! How are you all?  I hope life is going as wonderful as it is here.  This week not too much interesting happened all that much... I think I need to start writing the events of the day in my planner because I can never remember the exciting things of the week to tell you.  But this week we went to an investigator to teach and she was beginning to pound fufu.  So I pounded for her, got like ten blisters on my hands while doing it though.  But she insisted that we eat.  It was way good.  Some of the best palm nut soup that I have had.  I have decided that I will have to get a pistol and mortar so that I will be able to make fufu when I come home for all of you. :)
Today we had a District Activity and we went to the Julanders and watched "The Best Two Years."  It is a lot funnier once you have been on mission and experienced the situations that they go through.  And then she made us cinnamon rolls.  I haven't had anything like those in a long time.  It was really nice.  
Other than that, not too much happened other than just sweet good days proselyting with my companion.  We are pushing forward and hoping that the work will continue to push forward.  I am excited for this coming week as we will finally get to watch general conference.  I have been able to watch a few talks but I am excited to see more although we will only get to see two sessions most likely. 
I have almost finished with the Book of Mormon this week.  I only have two chapters left.  Before hand I had been reading the Doctrine and Covenants and the New Testament.  But I decided I wanted to start reading the Book of Mormon again.  When I read it I just feel a different spirit.  The others are great and they definitely invite the spirit, but I just feel better as I have been reading the Book of Mormon each day, something that we testify about each and every day.  It is something that I encourage everyone to do.  Read the book each and every day.  It holds the fullness of the everlasting gospel and it is the keystone of our religion.  It is so important.
Well, I love you all!  Have a great week!!!

Elder Walston




 

No comments:

Post a Comment