Monday, October 13, 2014

From Ghana to You

Hey everyone!!  This week has been good, but not too much really happened.  Just a lot of missionary work.  You know, the amazing work that I have been sent here to Ghana to do.  This week we have been focusing on finding and teaching a lot of new investigators.  I am still not completely sure how things will work out for all of them, but I hope that they will for the best.  We have been helped a lot this week by one of our members, Gloria.  One cool thing about her, is that last April we were talking to her about the Book of Mormon and found out that she has never read it all the way through.  She is 17 and we challenged her to and helped her to start reading it.  she finished it yesterday.  It is cool to see the change in her and it was neat to see her be able to read it in its entirety.  This last week we had a sweet instruction from our senior couple, Elder Julander.  He taught us about finding out our governing values.  Who we truly are and let those things drive us and push us onward.  It was a very sweet instruction but I guess I have been in Kojokrom too long because this is the second time he has given this instruction since I have been here.  I really picked up a lot.  Something that I have realized is that we need to apply the things that we learn.  So many times we hear things and think that this is great, I need to work on it, but so many times we don't actually but in the time to work on it.  When we do, that is when we see the improvement in our lives.  Something that we need to work on each and every day.  Continual progression.
Well,  I love you all so much!  I hope that you all have a wonderful week!
Elder Walston

No comments:

Post a Comment