Monday, June 9, 2014

The Tender Times

Hello all!  Hope that you all had a wonderful week!  It was a pretty good week for us.  It has been rough as most of our investigators haven't been doing anything that we have asked but it still has been good.  Elder McKeon and I are working hard and it is a blessing that we are going to stay together at least another transfer.  I am lucky to be able to stay here... I love Kojokrom and it will be my longest area so far.  But yeah... this week has been full of service.  Which I love to do.... I pounded a ton of fufu this week.  My hands now have a few blisters but it was all worth it... people are always surprised to see white men do work.  The people here have the idea that whites are weak and can do any physical work... always fun to surprise them.  But yeah... we even went to one of our member's and investigator's houses and made fufu for them and their family...that was a very fun and cool experience.  Doing things like that just helps you to know and relate to the people here better.  It was really rather cool.  It started pouring rain in the middle of doing it so it made it a little tricky.  It really is raining a ton here though.  I have seen three houses in the past two days where the rain cause the foundations to give out and the house partly or completely collapsed.  One of the house was one of our members home.... the one side just completely crumbled... sad to see.
These last few months we have been working with a less active family and things have started to go a lot better for them.  They have really wanted their 8 year old daughter to be baptized and we have helped the family become active again so that can be accomplished.  It is really cool to see people change.  The hardest thing to do here is reactivation I feel.  There are so many less actives and that can be due to the carelessness of the missionaries and the members and it can put the people's salvation at jeopardy... we just have to do our best to make sure that we remain strong and help all those around us.
Well... I love you all!  I hope that you have a wonderful week!  Take care!

Elder Walston
 





Pay close attention to the girls shirt...
Excited to be eating Pizza!
Excited to be eating fufu!

"The toilet I got to use :)"
"My last time seeing Elder Molefe.... he goes home today."
 

"Julie & I"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment