Monday, June 16, 2014

Cat, Rain, and the World Cup... makes life interesting

Hello everyone!!  Hope that you have had a wonderful week and I hope that the preparations for moving are going well for you back home.  Sounds like everyone is definitely keeping busy back home.  We have been busy here as well, but struggling with having the investigators keep their side of things... we ended up dropping 8 of our 12 investigators this week because people weren't ever able to see us or weren't keeping any commitments anymore...  I have found that we can only help people the most we can but then it comes to the point that people have to act for themselves... we can't make people act... we have been given agency so we can only help others see the good choices that they can make... but we can't make those choices for them.  So we have been trying to work on having this area pick up again.... just as soon as I thought that things were starting to get good again... it took a little dive, but that is life... sometimes it's a roller coast ride :)  But all is well... just going to require a little more work.  And that is going to be a little harder as the World Cup started this last week... people seem to have the attentions otherwise occupied.  and since USA is playing Ghana today... I have been getting people saying that "We are going to score you!" and how USA is going to loose today... I guess time will tell.  Interesting that the first match for either side is USA and Ghana.  It has been raining a ton this week as well... Elder McKeon and I were drenched on Friday.... completely soaked.  And we went Friday after noon to go make fufu for a family in the ward, as we have been trying to work with and serve the members.  That was tons of fun, but while I was there I knocked my scriptures off a ledge into a bucket full of the rainwater.... Opps. Luckily they didn't get too wet as the case Mom sent me protected most of it :)  But yeah... good thing that I was carrying my old scriptures that day that were already falling apart.  But yeah... yesterday was sweet.  Our ward had three baptisms yesterday, one of which was a child of record but we have been working with reactivating the family a lot... they were so happy.  It was really cool to see.  And then we were fed a bit yesterday.... the Relief Society president, Sister Eduful, fed us etil, something like banku.  It was really good but then we went to take a member to go to a lesson with us but he insisted us to eat first.  And he was eating cat!  So we had some nice cat and soup that tasted really nice... cat is probably the nicest meat I had or at least one of the best... it is really similar to chicken.  Then we were given coconuts.  When I first had coconut, which was my first week I hated it.... it was really nice now.  I crave Ghanaian foods now.  It is kind of interesting.
So recently I have been reading the New Testament and as I have been reading things, events about the life of Christ have become clearer and clearer... funny how that happens.  But one thing that I have noticed is how bold Jesus Christ really is.  He boldly states the truth, which many find hard to believe as much of it is new to the people he is preaching to.  He was showing them the way and how he was sent there to be the way.  But he also did it with such humility... he truly is the master teacher.  When we look to him we truly will learn a ton.
Well, I love you all!  I hope that you all keep safe and have a wonderful week!
Elder Walston

My Fante name is Kwabena and this can has my name!
Susie
Fufu
Part of an unfinished house collapsed

How they collect water

Elder Walston waiting to eat cat.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment