Monday, November 25, 2013

A Week of Thanksgiving in Ghana

This week has been a slow week, a week of challenges, yet a very rewarding week that was very fun.  This last Thursday we had interviews with President Shulz and that was fun.  I always enjoy being able to talk with him and being able to be spiritually fed.  Yep!  I was also able to get myself a sweet kente tie made for me... I wore it yesterday and got more compliments on it that I think I have ever had on anything before. People can see that I now becoming a true Ghanaian... I now have a Nigerian tie and a Ghanaian tie!  Yep!
Yesterday we had stake conference here in Cape Coast... so many people and Latter-day Saints were there it was crazzy.  I had to stand the entire time because they did not have enough room in any of the rooms or in the chapel to fit everyone... there was probably around 2000 maybe 2500 people there.  It was sweet as they focused on missionary work so much.  They pointed out how the members need to help out the missionaries to help the work progress.  It is so true.  Without the members help our work will go in vain.  They are the ones who can truly help this church grow.
But anyway... today was way sweet!  We had a Thanksgiving feast with most of our Zone, the APs and President and Sister Shulz at our apartment today!  We got some chicken and fried it up all good and we got some mashed potato mixes (from home) and enjoyed ourselves a nice little feast with each other.  It was rather fun and enjoyable just to have the missionaries come over to our apartment and enjoy some.  It was also nice to be able to have President and Sister Shulz enjoy at our place as well.
So my thoughts for this week is that we must put in our effort.  To make ourselves, others, and the gospel grow, we must be willing to put in the effort necessary or else all will go in vain.  In my mind, everything goes back to Diligence and Hard Work.  They are two of the main components if one wants to accomplish anything... if we forget them then all else will fail.  We have to be willing to do the things necessary to help us and make us grow stronger.  You put in that hard work and then everything will follow.
Well I love you all!  I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!!  Take care!
Elder Trevor Walston


No comments:

Post a Comment