Monday, November 18, 2013

No longer a teenager

Hey guys!  How is back home?  Thanks for all the letters, emails, birthday wishes, and everything else.  This week has been pretty sweet, crazy, and hectic. It was weird to get another new companion and kind of sad to say goodbye to Elder Adams but I got my new companion Elder Holt this last Wednesday and so now in the office and my companion knows nothing about it so I have kind of been in charge and that can make it very very stressful but it is good.  I love my area and it makes me happy to be able to go out and teach.  Last Saturday we went out and proselyted until about 1:00 when we came back for lunch.  I have to say that Elder McKeon and Elder Cavaness are way sweet and awesome.  When we got back to the apartment  they hung a little banner and had balloons that said 'Happy freaking birthday bro/elder Walston'... way sweet and nice of them.  Then we fried some chicken and enjoyed that way.  That definitely helped my day but just being able to go out and have one of the more productive days of this week made it pretty good and pretty awesome.  Yesterday was also the primary progam at church and that was way cute and awesome... cool to hear these little Ghanaian kids sing... oh and Africans sing loud and proud.... they never really have anyone playing music but you can sure hear them sing.. it is pretty powerful.  I have definitely felt the spirit with me this last week.  It is amazing to see how mission has strengthened me so far and helped me become a better person.  I just love the people here... they are so nice, charitable, friendly, and they love to talk about religion and God.
So my little spiritual thought today is something that I have always loved from Preach My Gospel..... it is a quote from Ezra Taft Benson I believe and it talks about how the key to missionary work is work.  You simply have to work and push forward.  If you don't put in the effort or really try to do your best and make the changes that you have to in your life, God will not be there to help you in the times that you need him most.  Diligence is key to everything.  We must stay strong... forever strong.  If we do not do this and if we don't want to work hard every day, then you are taking away blessings from yourself that you could have received...  I signed up for this so I better do the best job that I can! :)
So I love all you guys back home!  I hope all is going well and that you are enjoying good old America.  Love you and take care!
Elder Trevor Walston

No comments:

Post a Comment