Tuesday, December 3, 2013

An interesting week.

Hey everyone!  How are you all?  I hope everything is going well.  So this week was rather hectic and crazy.  Looks like I am going to be in another threesome for the next three weeks, as Elder Holt went home today.  I will be with Elder McKeon and Elder Cavaness for the next little bit and when I am in the office I will just hang out with the office couple, the Crittendens.  So last Wednesday we went on splits with the Zone Leaders where one went with each companionship so Elder Holt and I were with Elder James.  That was a pretty fun day... enjoyed some hamburgers and whatnot.  It was fun... we have a really sweet Zone right now... and come to think of it, it is also a really white Zone... only three Africans.  But yeah... Saturday and Sunday where the interesting days.  Saturday we where at the mission home most of the day.  The Shulz's actually called us over and we had dinner with them... we had their leftover Thanksgiving dinner and it was sooo good!  Oh yeah... we didn't really do anything for Thanksgiving, just a complete side note.  But while we were at dinner they talked about stuff and talked about how he needed to go home, so they tried to get him out on Sunday but that didn't work so he ended up leaving today.  But then they pretty much asked for us just to spend the day Sunday at their house so we helped Sister Shulz put up her Christmas tree witch was awesome to get in the Christmas spirit!  We also made cupcakes and watched a session of the last General Conference, one that I hadn't seen yet.  It was a pretty sweet day for me at least... not really productive but I have to say that the Shulz are awesome people.... very nice and caring for their missionaries.
So I just want to say that the Lord knows what he is doing to each and everyone of us and he has a plan for us.  He knows our limits and will push them, but when we endure those trials it will make us a stronger and better people.  The Lord is here for us.  Without trials we would not grow.  No pain, no gain.  The Lord only puts the hard times in front of us to make a stronger and better people.  He truly wants the best for us, and I have seen that many different times here in Ghana.  I am so blessed for the trials I suffer even though I may not enjoy them at the time, I know that they are good for me.  Ghana is a wonderful place and I am so happy to be blessed enough to be here! 
Hope everyone enjoys this Christmas season as we are about to celebrate the birth of our Savior and Redeemer.  Love you all and take care!
Elder Trevor Walston

No comments:

Post a Comment