Monday, June 15, 2015

One last Hurrah!

This week has been very good to us.  We have been blessed once again.  The week ended in a bang as we had two baptisms on Saturday for Alexander Kelly and Job Addae.  It was sweet to see both of them enter into the fold even as they were confirmed on Sunday.  Alex is 25 and Job is 32.  Alex I will have to say is probably the smartest investigator that I have taught while I was here in Ghana.  He simply just absorbs what we give him and he was doing personal readings from the Doctrine and Covenants and Pearl of Great Price as well.  He is from Accra but is doing his national service up here in Assin Foso teaching at a Senior High School.  A sweet guy...  He came up to me after the baptism and said "Thank you Elder Walston for everything."  It really touched me.  At first he wasn't a really serious investigator but as we have been seeing him these last four weeks he truly showed genuine interest and he found his answer.  I love that guy.  And Job is someone who we contacted my first Monday here in Assin Foso.  His local name is Kofi which is what I usually refer to him as.  He doesn't speak a lick of English however.  He is a farmer.  He just simply has a genuine desire and wanted to be baptized from the beginning, the only problem was that he traveled away to a farm.  But he is definitely committed. We will be working with these two a bit this week.  But the work is sweet and it continues to go on.  It is sad to think that this will be my last week as a missionary.  The members started to find out yesterday and I already have three people who said that they will be feeding me.  This week will be sweet and one that I am sure to cherish.  I love the people of Assin Foso and the people of Ghana.  Love you all and I hope that you have a great week as well!!!!

Elder Walston

No comments:

Post a Comment