Monday, June 22, 2015

Mission complete.....

This week was a good week but it sure has been a rainy week.  We were working with the recent converts quite a bit and that was a lot of fun.  But on Saturday we went over to the Zone Leaders and made some fufu for dinner as the zone was receiving transfer news.  Of course we knew mine as I will be finishing my mission on Wednesday but sadly we found out that we are getting whitewashed.  My companion is going to the mission home to be the new financial clerk.  So.... it is fun.  Yesterday was a sad day... it hit me pretty hard that I am going home and will no longer be here in Ghana.  I have come to develop a great love for this place and the people here.  Over the course of my time here there has been many ups and many downs but it sure has been some of the best times of my life.  I am so thankful to have been able to serve my mission here in Ghana.  When I first came I absolutely hated it here... it took awhile but as you take a look around, you can realize all the good that exists around you.  The conditions here in Ghana aren't easy and I started in on of the worst areas in the mission, but it was good for me.  It has helped me learn perseverance, patience, diligence, among others.  I am far from perfect and I have much more room to improve, but I am grateful for how the Lord was able to help mold me here in Ghana.  I know that I have been helped greatly here and that I am probably the most benefited from my mission, but I am so happy to see the change that occurred in the lives of those around me.  Thank you for all the support that I had back home.  I love you all and I am excited to see you all soon.  Have a great week and take care. Yebeshia wai!

Elder Walston

No comments:

Post a Comment