Monday, February 9, 2015

Happy Valentines Day!

Hey everyone!!  Hope that this week was good for you guys.  This week started off pretty good... I found some honey-nut cheerios that were so good... but they were so expensive.  It has been around 9 months since I was able to afford any cereal. It was nice though.  But we had this really cool family home evening with a recent convert family.  We watched the Restoration film.  It was a very enjoyable FHE.  Then there is this Less Active who hadn't come to church since 2006 and he has now come the last three weeks and we were able to have a really good lesson on Tuesday.  He lives outside of our area, but we ran into him at a chop bar two weeks ago where he was working pounding the fufu and we were able to meet with him this last week.  He is such a humble and nice man.  His name is Ebenezer Mensah.  I am so happy that he has decided to come back to the church.  He said the reason that he left is that he didn't want to serve a mission such because of the pressure that he received he left.  But that is all okay now that he is coming back.  Then on Friday I went on splits again to Nkanfoa.  This time I went with Elder Loader.  We worked with one of the ward missionaries that I had worked with a lot when I was there.  It was really cool.  The cool part is that she leaves on her mission next week to Eneugu, Nigeria.  I am excited for her to be able to experience a mission.  The on Saturday we had a ward activity where Yamoransah came down and challenged Green Hill in some games, football and volleyball.  It was really fun.  I enjoyed the volleyball a lot mostly because the people playing football were playing a little intense.  They were going at it and I didn't want to get angry at anyone.  So I stuck with volleyball.  Then Sunday was another good day.  We had 10 investigators at church again, but 8 of them are a group of boys that we have been teaching probably around 14 to 17 years old.  It has been good though.  One sad news is that we found out that one of our investigators has been struggling with breast cancer and she said that she was told that she has hepatitis B.  Keep her in your prayers, her name is Faustina.  She is such a sweet woman.  And then today we had a zone activity where we went to Fifa Pitch and played some football.  That was fun to get some touches on a ball again.  It has been way too long since I have been able to play all that much.  We enjoyed that.
Well, on Sunday it was my privileged to be able to give a talk in Sacrament Meeting.  I was able to talk about how we must choose and we must choose wisely.  I have read a scripture in Alma 42:24 and the part that stood out to me is that none but the truly penitent are saved.  I wondered what it meant to be penitent.  It shares the same root with repent.  Those who are willing to change themselves and become as God wants them to be.  We must do the Lords will.  That is how we will receive great joy and will be saved and receive eternal life.  So we must choose... who will we serve?  I encourage you all to make the good choice that will be joy into your eternal lives.
Well I love you all!! Have a great week!
Elder Walston

No comments:

Post a Comment