Monday, November 24, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hey everyone!  This week was a rather eventful week.  On Tuesday we had interviews with our mission president.  I was a little nervous as I had to give an instruction along with Sister Stevenson and the Assistants.  But it went all good.  I had a good interview and I was able to talk to him about quite a bit.  He a kind of gave me false hope that I would be here for Christmas though.  I found out on Saturday that I will be leaving Kojokrom to go Green Hill, an area in Cape Coast.  I am pretty sad that I won't get to spend Christmas here in Kojokrom, but I guess it had to happen since I have been here for almost ten months.  I am going to be with an Elder Barlow.  I hear that he is one of the missionaries that came from Sierra Leon when they were evacuated due to ebola.  But I am excitted.  I will be in the same district as Nkanfoa, so I will get to go on splits to my old area... I am excited for that.  But yeah... we went to stake conference yesterday in Takoradi.  There were quite a few people there and the little bit that I heard was really good.  I had to sit outside since there wasn't enough room inside but it was a broadcast for all of Africa.  But what I got from it was quite a bit of change needs to happen with the people here especially with the cultural things such as a bride price, and the way they do their weddings and funerals. They were pretty much told to stop all of it.  They talked about how we must all change from our cultures to the gospel culture.  The culture of Christ is what we must have, there is no other alternative. But yeah... that was sweet.  It was kind of sad that I wasn't really able to say goodbye to a lot of the people since many didn't come. But I still have one last day here.  Well... I love you all.  Life is great!  I hope that you all have a great Thanksgiving this week!  Take
care!

Elder Walston

No comments:

Post a Comment