Monday, July 21, 2014

Ghana's going great!

Hey family!  How are you all?  I had yet another great week and Elder McKeon and I will be staying yet another transfer together.  I am excited for that... that means we will have been together for 6 months at the end of this transfer.  It will be pretty sweet and it is nice since the area is going well.  We had a few people come to church on Sunday and I think that we will have a baptism coming in two weeks.  But yeah... we have been really blessed by the members this past week... we have had help from many many members in the for of proselyting and then they have been providing us with referrals as well.  It is such a blessing... I sure love the members here in Kojokrom as they have been truly helping push the work forward.  This week we were able to meet President Stevenson for the first time... that was very nice.  The interview that I had with him was very short but it was cool to finally meet him.  It seems that he is very excited for the the missionary work.  He went proselyting with our Zone Leaders after the meeting and I hear that he has gone proselyting with the elders quite a bit, which is very cool.  He seems like a very nice man to have as our president.
This last week with one of out recent converts, Julie, we have been helping her learn the hymns so we have been going and singing the hymns with her.  They don't have someone who can play the organ or piano so every congregation I have served in and been in sing without music... it is pretty cool... the Ghanaians sing load and proud even if there voices are not the best... it is pretty cool... so yeah that is why we have been teaching her the hymns... it has been sweet.
Then on Saturday we went and helped a member make banku... then they fed us the banku and okra soup... so much banku!! 5 big balls of banku.... normally if I have my choice I will eat on and then be satisfied.  But it was very nice and we enjoyed it a lot.
One cool thing that the Young Men's presidency encouraged their young men to do is to go through the Book of Mormon and highlight all the attributes of Christ, the teachings of Christ, and the names of Christ... they gave them three months to do it.  I think that it is a really cool challenge.  Since I have been out I have taken two paperback copies of the Book of Mormon and I highlighted the gospel of Jesus Christ and then references to the Father, Christ, and the Holy Ghost... it is a very cool activity that we all can do.  Just go in with a question and something that you want to learn a little more and you will learn a lot by focusing on that one thing. It is cool to see them encourage the young men to do that.
Well, I love you all and hope that you have a wonderful week!  Take care!
With love,
Elder Walston

No comments:

Post a Comment