Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A Blessed Week

Hello everyone!  This week was sweet!  It was a very good, very tiring, and a very productive week.  We have been blessed this week with those that we have been able to see and visit with.  We have one sweet investigator, Benjamin, who we have been working with quite a bit who is progressing really nicely... he simply loves the things that we teach him.  Maybe three or four years ago the missionaries used to be teaching his family and him, but nothing ever came of it.  But right now he is 20 years old and he has plenty of friends in the church.  There have been quite a few other people that we have been working with that look quite good.  We have been getting quite a few referrals but quite a few of them have been younger so we are definitely planning to take our time with them.  But things are going up and up... just hope that I get to stay a little longer here.
This week we will have interviews with President Stevenson... it will be my first time meeting him so I am very excited about that.  I am excited to see who our president will be for this next year.  I think that he will be good for this mission from the things that I have heard so far.  I think he is a little more technological as he has already said that we need to write our president's letters online.  But we shall see. :)
On Saturday we had a missionary fireside.  It was something that the four of us elders in the Kojokrom ward put on.  Each of us took a bit of time on trying to help them understand how the members can be more effective and how they can best help the missionary work go forth.  It was very good.  For me I taught about the how the members and directly help us through teaching, referrals, among other things.  But it went pretty well even though it started over an hour late... Ghana standard time... but it was good.
Today has been pretty sweet.  We had a member, Julie, who wanted to teach us how to make jollof rice so we went to their place and made some jollof.... a ton of it... six cups of rice... so I am stuffed right now, but it was really good.  We had not been fed in quite some time and in the past three days we have now been fed twice... fufu and jollof.  The members like us (at least I think so) and we are very grateful for all that they do for us.  We are very blessed to be able to be in the ward that we are in.  They are definitely trying to help in this wonderful work.
Well... I love you all and I am excited with what has happened and what is to come.  I know that the Lord blesses us in our many different circumstances and no matter what he is there to help us.  I love you all and wish you a marvelous week!
Elder Walston

No comments:

Post a Comment