Monday, April 14, 2014

A Baptism!!!

Hello all!  I hope everything is good back home!  This week has been pretty good.  It has rained quite a bit and I think that rainy season is starting to hit.  It actually rained hard enough that a section of the wall around the church fell because the rain caused the soil to come loose underneath it. But this week has been good... we were able to teach a lot and Julie was able to be baptized yesterday.  That was sweet!  It was hard to get the baptismal font filled... we tried to start filling it on Saturday morning but the water was not flowing through the pipes... luckily it started flowing by the end of the night... blessings of the Lord.  Ghana seems to like to not have running water or electricity... but the Lord's work will still go forward.
One cool thing that Elder McKeon did this week is that last Monday night he stayed up a little because he had to prepare an instruction for District Meeting on Tuesday.  But after I went to bed he but sticky notes all over my desk of things about me.. pretty cool.  He is a sweet guy and I enjoy being companions with him.
This week has been fun, the only downside is that I have been sick since Saturday... completely out of energy, but the Lord is blessing me.  Giving me the strength I need to do the things to do his work here.  I am just glad that I have been able to do everything that I needed to do.  I was worried that I would not be able to make to Julie's baptism but I was good enough that I was able to go to church and the baptism that followed.  
So I have recently started reading the Doctrine and Covenants...  it talks a lot about missionary work and how there is so much of it that we can do around us.  I believe in four or five of the first 15 chapters it talks about how there is a marvelous work before us and that if we thrust in our sickle that great things will come.  We must all do our best, try our hardest and do all that we can to help this work go forward.  Share this gospel with all those around us.  I have learned that the scriptures are a great source of knowledge... we must study from them and then apply them to our lives... this is how we will grow and learn!
I love you all!  Sorry that this email was short but hope you all have a wonderful week!

Elder Walston

Elder McKeon knows that Elder Trevor Walston loves his sister! :)
 

Driving the Banku.
Elder Walston's nice little sandal tan lines.
The church wall kind of fell...
Elder McKeon, Julie, & Elder Walston
Elder Walston cooking food.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment