Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Wait.... It's May?

Hey all!  Hope that all has been well for you all!  This week was rather good for us here in the great Assin Foso.  We have been dealing with no water now for the last few weeks so they were trying to get a poly tank raised for us.  So... we got it up lifted the tank onto the stand and realized that it was too small!!!  That thing was heavy as well... so we took another two days trying to get everything fixed so that hopefully we will get some water soon and we won't have to continue fetching it bucket by bucket from the well.  But that was all good.  The work is going sweet here though.  We have everything picked right back up.  One sad part though is that our most progressing investigator, Kofi, has traveled for work for the last two weeks and we haven't been able to meet him.  But we have been blessed with a handful of others who are doing quite well.  One of them, Alexander, when we were discussing about the Book of Mormon more said that he had gone online and got the Gospel Library app and was reading everything... Pearl of Great Price, Book of Mormon and all!  That was cool.  He told us that he know that this is the truth.  He is just a little hesitant about making a commitment.  He is sweet.  He has been coming to church for the last three weeks now.  
So also on Friday we went on exchanges.  Elder Gyansah came to be with me in our area.  That was a lot of fun.  He is a great elder and a powerful teacher.  He is from Accra so he can speak the Twi and that was so nice to be able to meet the people and use it in the teaching.  I really wish that I could speak the Twi fluently enough to teach and get my point across.  Sadly I can only manage to understand what people are saying most of the time.  But we did get this wonderful fufu from our Bishop's family as we were on the exchange.  It was really good.  You know, this last transfer or so I have only been eating Ghanaian foods as I want to eat it as much as I can while I have the chance.  Fufu is a very heavy food and it can get you fat if you eat it too much.  But sadly... I have eaten it that last six days... and not small portions as well and I am still loosing weight!  Oh well... I guess I will come home very skinny then.  But boy do I love a good fufu... it has been rather enjoyable.
Elder Ripplinger and I are enjoying it up here.  One of our recent converts, Ernest, is in the hospital this week because of Malaria.  Sad to see him ill like that.  One member, Joyce has been helping us teach a ton.  Almost every day she has been helping us teach.  It is always greatly appreciated to have people who are willing to help with the work.
Well... I love you all and I hope that you have all enjoyed this email!  Love you guys!!!!!

Elder Walston


We had an adventure tyring to put up a poly tank.  We haven't had running water in like 4 weeks so they put in a stand to help with things but when we lifted it we realized it was too big for the stand and that thing is very heavy.  We had some welders come and fix the stand and now it is up.... not easy




No comments:

Post a Comment