Monday, September 1, 2014

Another week has come and gone

Hey everyone!  How has the week gone for you?  It was been pretty good.  It was a little bit hard since we were in the Zone Leaders area lot of the time, but everything went well.  On Wednesday I was blessed by having a member, Emmanuel, to come and help me all day.  What a blessing that was and we were able to accomplish so much.  By far the most productive day of the week.  One cool person that we have been able to see is a member, Sister Abvatara, that stays on the other side of Kojokrom.  For her she has not been able to come to church for about the last year because her foot has been infected very badly.  Even they have cut off all of her toes, and you can see the bones in her foot and on her heal.  It isn't the prettiest of sights but what is quite marvelous is her faith.  We have been able to take the sacrament these last two weeks.  It is amazing to see the faith that she still has in Christ even though she has been confined to her room for the past year because of her foot.  I feel that we should all strive to have such faith, such devotion, and such courage.  It is really cool to see.
 
Well, this week our threesome will come to an end.  I will be getting a new companion on Wednesday.  Elder Mafunityla (I believe this is how you spell it) will be coming to join me here in Kojokrom.  He is from South Africa I believe.  I am excited to have a companion again and I think that I will enjoy being with him.  He has been out for around seven months now.  But yeah... I guess that I will find out more about him this week.
Sarah, who was baptized last Sunday, was confirmed yesterday and that was very cool.  I think that she was very much touched by the Spirit and she was tearing up at the end of it.  I am very excited for her.  She will be a wonderful member.
 
Well, one thing that I feel that I have learned this last little bit is that the hard way is the easy way and the easy way is the hard way.  Just with little simple things such as excersizing every morning, buying fruits and more vegetables, just simply going the extra mile.  The past little bit as I have been putting in more effort, doing more, I feel better and more energized than ever.  I know that when we do all that we can, putting in our entire effort, leaving nothing on the table, that the Lord will help us.  I feel better than ever and I know that is because I am doing all I can.  I am putting in the effort and the Lord is blessing me because of my efforts.
 
Well, I love you all!  Thanks for all the love and support!
Elder Walston

No comments:

Post a Comment